Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sydney Children's Hospital Workshop

This week is pretty exciting with an art workshop lined up at Sydney Children's Hospital this Thursday.

I was invited the the very wonderful Roxanne Fea who co-ordinates all the exhibitions at SCH. I will be exhibiting in a solo show again towards the end of the year which I am happy about. Art has a powerful effect and the art really does add some joy to the corridoors of the hospital. I think it's a great idea.

I've decided for the workshop to focus on collage and texture, I love these two things. Using lots of textures on paper, stencilling and cutting to create the final images.

Below are some photos my lovely sis took of me prepping and experimenting. It has been fun to let go a bit and splatter some paint about!

I'll post again after the workshop and let you know how it all went. I'm looking forward to meeting the children and other adults involved in this great program. 




No comments: